We’re looking for an experienced mid / senior level designer to take the lead on our print and online media for Fitness Magazine.
If you’re a designer with a passion for fitness and want to leave your mark on the world, please get in touch and show us some of your work! We’re looking for a dynamic creative to add to our team, to take the lead on Fitness magazine’s design both in print and online.
Date posted: 30 May 2017. Applications open until Mid June.
Print / DTP requirements
- Concept design and magazine layout. Fitness magazine is an alternate monthly publication (8week cycle)
- Production on various other Fitness Magazine marketing campaigns
- Additional layout responsibilities on partner magazines (Fitness His Edition / FATLOSS Magazine)
- WordPress knowledge
- Mailchimp experience advantageous
- Media design for web and social media campiagns
- Video editing advantageous
- All applicants must provide a portfolio. No CVs without a portfolio will be reviewed.
- Experience in DTP / publishing or design a prerequisite, please do not submit your CV and Portfolio in you do not have this experience. This position is not for juniors or interns.
- Tertiary qualification/diploma in graphic design or at least three years experience
- Should a candidate not meet requirements no correspondence will be entered into, only successful candidates will be contacted
Remuneration: Based on experience / Industry related
Location: Gauteng Randpark Ridge
Education level: Diploma or equivalent
Job level: Mid/senior
Own transport required: Yes
Type: Permanent / freelance negotiable.
Hardware / software requirements:
- Essential: Adobe Photoshop and InDesign
- Mac literate
- An interest in health and fitness
- Meticulous and should take pride in creative work presented
- Must work well under pressure and be deadline orientated
- Intelligent, resourceful and team player
- Prepared to work occasional overtime when required
Contact Leoni at The Maverick Publishing Corporation. Note, CV without a portfolio will not be considered.
firstname.lastname@example.org / 011791 3646
Author: Tanja Schmitz
Co-Publisher at Maverick Media and until recently, Fitness Magazine editor. Tanja now manages multiple digital platforms, consults and create exciting campaigns and opportunities in the fitness industry. You’ll find her behind her computer or on her bike, dreaming up new ways to improve or create content for you.